Claude’s fearless approach to the kitchen doesn’t mean that there aren’t a handful of favourite recipes that form a solid foundation to jump off from. Here are a few of the key recipes from a few of his ‘go-to’ chefs and cooks that he’d like to pass along.
- Laura Calder’s Miracle Boule: A crusty chewy bread anyone can make.
- Moosewood’s Mushroom-Barley Soup: Perfect peppery soup to warm you from the core.
- Cherry Clafouti: Simple cherry dessert
- Spice rubs: Great for chicken skewers or ribs.
MasterChef Canada Audition (July 2, 2014)
- Pink Peppercorn and Fennel Poached Salmon: Served cold, this poached salmon is light satisfying.
- Grated Fennel Relish: A tart, sweet, fresh relish perfect for any summer picnic.
- Corn & Quinoa Salad: Hearty mixture of tri-coloured quinoa and roasted corn adds extra depth of flavour.
Favourites from Home
- Impossible Pie: Easy, light custard pie for desert.
- Martha Stewart’s Basil Lillet Slush: A refreshing summer cocktail for sharing with friends.
- Martha Stewart’s Cucumber-Ginger Fizz: A powerful, yet light, summer cocktail.